2024 Pricing Updated and Registration Open!
Camp 2024 Pricing
Youth (In Council)
$675 in Camp
$700 by Nov. 15th
$725 after Nov. 15th
Youth (Out of Council)
$700 in Camp
$725 by Nov. 15th
$750 after Nov. 15th
$400 – 1 adult free for every set of 10 youth
Camp 2024 Calendar
6/23 – 6/29
7/14 – 7/20
6/30 – 7/6
7/21 – 7/27
7/7 – 7/13
7/28 – 8/3
*Week 2 Special Pricing – this week will always be available at the “In Camp” rate for reservation.
Registering a Troop
To register your Troop for Camp Hi-Sierra, please send an email to email@example.com with your completed registration form (below) and the following information. A $500 deposit per campsite is needed to reserve your site:
– Council of the Troop
– Chartering Organization for the troop
– Week of camp you would like to make a reservation for
– A Guaranteed Minimum Number of Youth
– Estimated Maximum Number of Youth and Estimated Number of Adults
2024 Camp Hi-Sierra Campsite Reservation Availability
All deposits and payments are applied to the final camp fee, not to individuals. All refunds will be issued after September 1. Written notice (not email) of cancellations must be made and refunds are subject to a cancellation fee. Cancellation are a whole troop and:
- Cancellations prior to January 1 will forfeit the campsite deposit.
- Cancellations prior to March 1 will be subject to a $500 per campsite and $200 per youth fee
- Cancellations prior to May 1 will be subject to a $500 per campsite and $400 per youth fee.
- Cancellations after May 1 no refund will be given. This includes no refund for no shows at camp.
- Reduction of guaranteed youth prior to March 1 will be subject to a $200 per youth fee
- Reduction of guaranteed youth prior to May 1 will be subject to a $400 per youth fee.
- Reduction of guaranteed youth after May 1 will be subject to no refund and full fee paid
Refunds should only be requested for serious illness or injury (a doctor’s certification may be requested), or death in immediate family. Other emergencies may be considered; however, refunds are not given for no-shows, conflict of schedule (such as a sports event), weather conditions, or behavior issues.
What is your refund policy for COVID?
- If we have to cancel your reservation due to COVID, or other complications, we will provide a 100% refund. (Note, this is if the Council needs to cancel program due to COVID.)
- Individual Refunds – If positive test in household: 50% refund. (Please take a picture of the at home test.)
Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately no. As much as we would love to see your furry friends at camp, they are too disruptive to the natural environment and should stay at home when you visit.
Is alcohol allowed?
- No. As this is a campground primarily geared for families involved in Scouting, we do not allow alcohol.
Is smoking allowed?
- No. As this is a campground primarily geared for families involved in Scouting, we do not allow smoking.
Can I drive into the campsites?
- Not at this time, but there are several parking lots within walking distance. If you need special assistance with carrying gear to your campsite, please let us know.
Is there a map available?
- Yes! You can view it HERE. You are encouraged to print out the one linked on this page for your reference. Please note that our newly expanded sites are not listed on this map, but will be added to our new map that is being updated with our new cabins.
Are fires allowed in camp?
- It depends on the current conditions and allowances made by Cal Fire. You can check on conditions and see if you are allowed to have a fire HERE (Search for Long Barn, CA on the map)
- Please remember that if fires are allowed during your visit, to only have flames no higher than 2 feet and only in the concrete/metal rings we have provided.
- Also, HERE are some tips on leaving no trace when setting up a campfire.
Are there wild animals around?
- Yes! The Sierra Nevada Mountains are full of life from fish to birds, and even some mountain lions and bears. For this reason, we ask that you store your food in an animal-proof container away from where you sleep. Your car is also another good option. We also ask that you throw away your trash each night before bed, otherwise, you will have some unwanted visitors!
Can we help with a service project?
- Definitely! You are welcome and encouraged to help with a service project that you feel comfortable with. We also host regular work weekends, where we work on camp improvements. Please contact the Camping department, for more details or ask any of the commissioner staff during summer camp.
Phone: (408) 638-8300