Spots still available in Weeks 1,2,3, and 6.
Nov 15th pricing for Week 2 extended through March! Provisional Camping Available!
Troop Camp 2022 Pricing
Youth (In Council)
$525 in Camp
$550 by Nov. 15th
$605 after Nov. 15th
Youth (Out of Council)
$555 in Camp
$580 by Nov. 15th
$635 after Nov. 15th
$350 – 1 adult free for every set of 10 youth
Camp 2022 Dates
6/26 – 7/2
7/17 – 7/23
7/3 – 7/9
7/24 – 7/30
7/10 – 7/16
7/31 – 8/6
Registering a Troop
To register your Troop for Camp Hi-Sierra, please send an email to email@example.com with your completed registration form (below) and the following information. A $500 deposit per campsite is needed to reserve your site:
– Council of the Troop
– Chartering Organization for the troop
– Week of camp you would like to make a reservation for
– A Guaranteed Minimum Number of Youth
– Estimated Maximum Number of Youth and Estimated Number of Adults
Provisional Scouts are welcome in Week 2! We will provide leadership for Scouts to come and join a Troop for the week. Details coming soon!
All deposits and payments are applied to the final camp fee, not to individuals. All refunds will be issued after September 1. Written notice (not email) of cancellations must be made and refunds are subject to a cancellation fee. Cancellation are a whole troop and:
- Cancellations prior to January 1 will forfeit the campsite deposit.
- Cancellations prior to March 1 will be subject to a $500 per campsite and $150 per youth fee
- Cancellations prior to May 1 will be subject to a $500 per campsite and $325 per youth fee.
- Cancellations after May 1 no refund will be given. This includes no refund for no shows at camp.
- Reduction of guaranteed youth prior to March 1 will be subject to a $150 per youth fee
- Reduction of guaranteed youth prior to May 1 will be subject to a $325 per youth fee.
- Reduction of guaranteed youth after May 1 will be subject to no refund and full fee paid
Refunds should only be requested for serious illness or injury (a doctor’s certification may be requested), or death in immediate family. Other emergencies may be considered; however, refunds are not given for no-shows, conflict of schedule (such as a sports event), weather conditions, or behavior issues.
What is your refund policy for COVID?
- If we have to cancel your reservation due to COVID, or other complications, we will provide a 100% refund. Otherwise, our standard refund policy applies.
Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately no. As much as we would love to see your furry friends at camp, they are too disruptive to the natural environment and should stay at home when you visit.
Is alcohol allowed?
- No. As this is a campground primarily geared for families involved in Scouting, we do not allow alcohol.
Is smoking allowed?
- No. As this is a campground primarily geared for families involved in Scouting, we do not allow smoking.
Can I drive into the campsites?
- Not at this time, but there are several parking lots within walking distance. If you need special assistance with carrying gear to your campsite, please let us know.
Is there a map available?
- Yes! You can view it HERE. Due to COVID-19, we will not have any available at camp, and you are encouraged to print out the one liked on this page for your reference. Please note that our newly expanded sites are not listed on this map, but will be added to our new map that is being updated with our new cabins.
Are fires allowed in camp?
- It depends on the current conditions and allowances made by Cal Fire. You can check on conditions and see if you are allowed to have a fire HERE (Search for Long Barn, CA on the map)
- Please remember that if fires are allowed during your visit, to only have flames no higher than 2 feet and only in the concrete/metal rings we have provided.
- Also, HERE are some tips on leaving no trace when setting up a campfire.
Are there wild animals around?
- Yes! The Sierra Nevada Mountains are full of life from fish to birds, and even some mountain lions and bears. For this reason, we ask that you store your food in an animal-proof container away from where you sleep. Your car is also another good option. We also ask that you throw away your trash each night before bed, otherwise, you will have some unwanted visitors!
Can we help with a service project?
- Definitely! You are welcome and encouraged to help with a service project that you feel comfortable with. We also host regular work weekends, where we work on camp improvements. Please contact the Camping department, for more details or ask any of the commissioner staff during summer camp.
Phone: (408) 638-8300
Are masks required on-site and when?
- Effective March 1, 2022, there is a strong recommendation that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, continue to mask while in indoor public settings and businesses.
Can we use restrooms other than the one assigned to us?
- Unfortunately not during the pandemic. To ensure we have good contact tracing, and to limit as much contact as possible, we have had to restrict each campsite to their own restroom. If you have a disability that requires the use of specific restrooms on-site, please let us know and we will make sure you are accommodated appropriately.